Arabian Drilling Services Picks Up 2 MD Cowan Rigs
MD Cowan has sold two DC-electric Super Single rigs to Arabian Drilling Services based in Muscat, Oman.
"This sale supports our strategy to expand further into international markets," said Scott Milliren, President, MD Cowan. "We continue to evolve the popular Super Single design while maintaining exceptional value."
The rigs will have 90 percent of the packages "trailerized" for maximum mobility, and the equipment will be designed for operations in high-temperature environments. Arabian Drilling Services will utilize the rigs for a project with a supermajor oil company. The rigs are expected to begin operations in the first quarter of 2010.
"After a thorough review of the market, we were convinced that the Super Single and MD Cowan, Inc. were best-suited to fulfill our drilling rig needs," said Nabeel Al-Riyami, CEO, Arabian Drilling Services.
- Arabian Drilling Services Picks Up 2 MD Cowan Rigs (Oct 12)
- MD Cowan Sells First DC-Electric Super Single Drilling Rig (Mar 16)
- MD Cowan Continues to Rake in Sales for Super Single Drilling Rigs (Oct 07)
Company: Arabian Drilling more info
Manages 9 Offshore Rigs
- Keppel FELS Delivers Arabdrill 70 Jackup to Arabian Drilling Company (Oct 28)
- Clearwater Sells Keppel FELS B Class Jackup to Arabian Drilling Co. (May 29)
- ADC Takes Delivery of Newbuild Arabdrill 60 from Keppel FELS (Dec 30)