FloaTEC Inks LOI with Petrobras for P-61 Platform
Keppel Corp. confirmed Friday that FloaTEC, a joint venture between offshore and marine unit Keppel FELS and J. Ray McDermott, has signed a letter of intent with Petrobras and Chevron for a $1.1 billion oil platform in Brazil, Dow Jones reports.
According to Keppel, FloaTEC's letter of intent contract for the P-61 oil platform "is expected to be signed at a later date," but that such signing didn't mean that FloaTEC has received the contract for building the rig, the report noted.
Rather, the letter of intent is an expression of interest to work with FloaTEC on Petrobras' P-61 project, the state-run oil giant's first Tension Leg Platform (TLP) installed at a Brazilian offshore oil field, Dow Jones said.
Yesterday, BW Offshore and the Brazilian industrial group QUIP also announced the signing of a letter of intent with the Petrobras-Chevron consortium for the P-63 FPSO, which will operate offshore Brazil at the Papa Terra field.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Angola LNG Production Setback Prompts Tender Cancellation (Jan 08)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)
Company: FloaTEC more info
- Floatec Installs P-61 TLWP in Papa Terra Field in the Campos Basin (Apr 10)
- Chevron Taps FloaTEC for Big Foot ETLP (Dec 10)
- FloaTEC Inks LOI with Petrobras for P-61 Platform (Oct 09)
Company: BW Offshore more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Keppel Wins $89M Deals for Work on 3 Floating Facilities, 1 Pipelay Vessel (Jul 08)
- BW Offshore Secures 3 Year Contract Extension for FPSO BW Pioneer (Apr 26)