InterMoor Completes Cuts with Redesigned Abrasive Cutting Tool
InterMoor has completed its sixth job in the Gulf of Mexico using its recently enhanced Scimitar Abrasive Cutting Tool.
InterMoor's Scimitar Abrasive Cutting Tool is the only tool of its kind where the abrasive is introduced at the cutting head versus a slurry mix (abrasive mixed at the high pressure pump). It has had a 100 percent success rate.
The tool uses ultra high pressure water to move abrasive at transonic speeds to cut virtually any type of material. It was adapted from a pneumatic tool to a hydraulic tool that centralizes inside of the pile or caisson.
The Scimitar Abrasive Cutting Tool sizes cover a range of casing outside diameters -- 7-16 in., 16-48 in. and 52-72 in. It is available in three sizes with lengths of 12, 15 and 20 ft and weights of 500, 1,000 and 1,400 lbs. InterMoor is one of only three companies that offers this type of service in the Gulf of Mexico.
InterMoor is a leading supplier of mooring and subsea technology providing innovative solutions for rig moves, mooring services and subsea installations and foundations including engineering and design; survey and positioning; and fabrication.
- Sea Trucks to Provide Floatel Services for Malikai Project Off Malaysia (Jun 22)
- InterMoor Completes Mooring Work for COOEC at China's Panyu, Enping Fields (Oct 23)
- Acteon's InterMoor Expands in Asia Pacific, Opens New Singapore Office (Apr 25)
Company: Acteon more info
- InterMoor Wraps Up Ops at Offshore Angola Gig (Apr 03)
- 2H Offshore Expands Malaysia & Australia Presence, May Recruit Engineering (Dec 04)
- LDD Wraps Up Foundation Installation Gig Offshore Gabon (Oct 20)