StatoilHydro Taps Sevan for Cylindrical FPSO Feasibility Study
StatoilHydro has awarded Sevan Marine a contract to conduct a study focused on scale model testing aimed at verifying the feasibility of the Sevan cylindrical FPSO using steel catenary risers (SCRs) for harsh deepwater application.
Sevan has earlier this year carried out a study for StatoilHydro containing analysis work on the same topic.
The study will be performed during last quarter 2009/first quarter 2010.
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires 50% Stake in KANFA Aragon from Sevan Marine (Jun 29)
- Sevan Marine's Unit KANFA Bags $50M EPC Deal for FPSO Yinson Production (Feb 17)
- First Oil in Sight at Huntington (Mar 27)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)