Northpet Discovers Gas at Tiendeveen Onshore Netherlands
Gas has been discovered in the Tiendeveen-1 exploration well in the Drenthe III license. Tiendeveen is sited in the east of The Netherlands, 3.8 kilometers northwest of Northern Petroleum's Geesbrug gas field development. The gas in the Permian Zechstein carbonates which had been identified as a secondary target in the well has been confirmed from wireline logs and drilling data.
The Geesbrug gas field which Northern Petroleum is developing nearby is also gas bearing in the same Zechstein reservoir. Northern Petroleum will review both the Tiendeveen and Geesbrug data to assess the range of possible reserves, development options and synergies. No potential gas in place volumes were assigned to the Zechstein prior to drilling.
The intermediate casing will now be run in the hole cemented and pressure tested before the drilling deeper to to the primary reservoir targets located in the Permian Rotliegend sandstone and the Carboniferous Dalen and Hardenberg sandstones. The estimated mean potential gas in place for these reservoirs is 60bcf with an upside P10 potential of 98bcf. Once drilling has been completed further wireline logging will be undertaken on Tiendeveen to confirm the presence of hydrocarbons in the deeper primary targets.
Partners in the well are Northern Petroleum Nederland B.V. (NPN is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northern) with 45%, EBN, the state oil company and Dyas B.V. with 40% and 15% respectively.
- Northern Petroleum Agrees Cascina Alberto Farm-Out with Shell (Mar 05)
- Northern Petroleum's Latest Alberta Well Proves Uneconomic (Feb 10)
- Northern Drills First Wells in Current Program in Alberta (Sep 17)
Company: EBN more info
- EBN Buys into Oil Production at Dutch North Sea Block (Aug 28)
- Northern Preps Tiendeveen-1 for Testing Operations (Jan 11)
- Northern Taps 307 BCF at Geesbrug Gas Field (Jan 07)
Company: Dyas BV more info
- Ithaca Says Stella Production Facility Undergoing Sea Trials (Jul 22)
- Lundin Finds Gas at Maligan Prospect Offshore East Malaysia (Mar 03)
- Lundin Farms Out Stakes in 3 PSCs Offshore Malaysia to DYAS (Feb 02)