Hyperdynamics to Conduct Oil Seeps Study Offshore Guinea
Hyperdynamics has contracted TDI-Brooks International of Houston to conduct a comprehensive oil seeps study of the company's 31,000-square-mile oil and gas concession offshore Guinea. The sample collection is expected to begin in mid-October.
"We are conducting this study to survey known sites of oil seepage in three areas of our concession," said Ray Leonard, Hyperdynamics President and Chief Executive Officer. "We also will be testing cores taken from previous years to differentiate source rock ages ranging from possible Silurian, Devonian, Jurassic, Early Cretaceous, to Barremian/Turonian rocks."
Hyperdynamics has contracted GeoMark Research, Ltd. to perform the analytical work on the samples collected from both offshore and onshore studies.
- Hyperdyamics Reveals Impasse in Plans to Drill Exploration Block Off Guinea (Jan 06)
- Hyperdynamics Says Tullow Claims Force Majeure in Offshore Guinea (Mar 12)
- Tullow Declares Force Majeure On Guinea Project After Partner Probe (Mar 12)
Company: TDI-Brooks more info
- EnviroGene Forms Alliance with TDI-Brooks (Oct 22)
- Hyperdynamics to Conduct Oil Seeps Study Offshore Guinea (Oct 06)
- TDI-Brooks Wins Contract from SCS for Geochemical Work (Jun 17)