Sinopec Acquires 100% of Addax Petroleum's Shares
Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corporation is pleased to announce that effective October 2, 2009, its indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, Mirror Lake Oil and Gas Company Limited ("Mirror Lake"), acquired all of the common shares of Addax Petroleum Corporation ("Addax Petroleum") not taken up and paid for under the offer for all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Addax Petroleum dated July 9, 2009, as extended, made by Mirror Lake (the "Offer"). Mirror Lake acquired such additional common shares pursuant to a compulsory acquisition under section 206 of the Canada Business Corporations Act. Mirror Lake now owns 100% of the issued and outstanding common shares of Addax Petroleum.
The common shares of Addax Petroleum have been delisted from the Toronto Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange effective October 5, 2009.
- China's Surging Gasoline Exports Hurting Regional Refiners (Jan 15)
- China's Sinopec Plans To Build Canadian Oil Refinery (Sep 14)
- Sinopec Says Some Refineries Would Be Hit By A Halt In Iran Crude Buying (Aug 27)
Company: Addax more info
- Chinese-Owned Oil Firm Addax Shuts Offices After Swiss Bribery Case (Aug 07)
- North Sea Decom: 'Campaign Approach' Required to Drive Down Costs (Sep 15)
- Addax Extends Yinson's FPSO Charter Contract for $129M (Oct 20)