Chevron Selects Wood Group for North Sea Engineering Services
Wood Group has been awarded a three-year engineering & construction contract by Chevron North Sea Limited for its Alba, Captain and Erskine fields. Worth an estimated £45 million over the initial three years, the contract is effective from October 1, 2009, and includes two one-year extension options exercisable by Chevron.
Gerry Ward, Joint Managing Director for Wood Group Engineering (North Sea), said, "We are delighted that Chevron has selected Wood Group for this prestigious North Sea contract and look forward to working with them to meet their key drivers of incident and injury free operation, utilising our technologies and processes to deliver an effective and efficient service."
The contract covers the engineering and construction support services for the Alba Northern Platform, the Captain FPSO & Wellhead Production Platform and the unmanned Erskine Platform.
Richard Morgan, Facilities Engineering Manager, Chevron said, "Our upstream Europe assets remain a valuable part of Chevron's portfolio. We believe that Wood Group's alignment to our vision, to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance, will help us continue to deliver operational excellence in the North Sea arena."
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Saturno Brazil Pre-Salt Acreage Goes to Shell and Chevron (Sep 28)
- Canada Shale Drillers Feel Permian Pain as Prices Collapse (Sep 20)
Company: Wood plc more info
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)