Total, KazMunaiGas Team Up for Caspian Sea Project
Total has announced the signature of a Heads of Agreement (HOA) establishing the principles of a partnership with KazMunaiGas (KMG) for the development of the Khvalynskoye field, located offshore in the Caspian Sea on the border between Kazakhstan and Russia.
Khvalynskoye is a conventional gas condensate field located in water depths of 25 meters which will be developed by Lukoil (50%, operator). The gas produced from this field will be transported to Russia.
Under the terms of the HOA, Total and GdF-Suez will acquire a participation of 25% (Total 17%, GdF-Suez 8%) from the initial 50% stake held by KMG.
"This agreement provides the opportunity for Total to further strengthen its ties with KazMunaiGaz, with whom the Group is already a partner on the Kashagan project in Kazakhstan," stated Yves-Louis Darricarrère, President Exploration and Production. "Total will bring to the Khvalynskoye's partners the company's know-how in developing offshore projects in order to successfully develop the field."
The Khvalynskoye field is slated to come on stream in 2016 with an estimated production of 8-9 billion cubic meters of gas per year.
- Romania Closes One Case Against Russia's Lukoil, Related Trial Still On (Nov 17)
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Lukoil Eyes Decade Of Oil Output Growth (Sep 20)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: KazMunayGas more info
- New UK Listing Rules Set to Attract State Companies Beyond Aramco (Jul 17)
- KMG Switches from Urals Supplies to Romanian Refineries as Prices Rise (Jul 11)
- S.Korea's KNOC In Talks With Kazakhstan To Drop Oil Field Project (Aug 05)