PSA Orders Eni to Collect Data on Natural Conditions from Goliat
Eni Norge has been issued with an order in accordance with PSA Norway's earlier notification concerning the collection of data on natural conditions from the Goliat field in the Barents Sea.
In accordance with our notification of June 29, 2009, we have issued the following order to Eni Norge AS:
Pursuant to the authority conferred by section 25 of the framework HSE regulations concerning data on natural conditions, Eni Norge AS is hereby ordered to undertake the collection and real-time reporting of meteorological and oceanographic data during production drilling on Goliat and for the field's producing life. This includes the Metar service. The current profile must be measured during the field's producing life. These data must be reported to the Norwegian Meteorological Institute.
We gave notice in our letter of June 29, 2009 that near real-time measurement of currents would be required with high-frequency coastal radar or by another acceptable method during the field's producing life. In response to the letter of September 14 from Eni Norge, we have decided to postpone a possible decision until qualification of a technical solution has been completed.
The deadline for compliance with this order is set as the beginning of production drilling and the start to production on Goliat. We must be notified when the order has been complied with.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)