Pakistan Nets $175MM from Award of 41 Oil and Gas Blocks
Citing a senior government official, Dow Jones reports that Pakistan has awarded 41 of the country's oil and gas blocks to 11 companies, both local and international, with bids totaling $175 million.
"The total value of the bids is $175 million but the actual expenditures against this commitment will finally reach up to $500 million over the next three years," G.A Sabri, special secretary in the petroleum ministry, is quoted as saying.
Eni released an official press release today disclosing the award of an exploration license for the onshore Sukhpur block to its joint venture with Pakistan Petroleum and Shell. Other successful bidders include Oil & Gas Development Co. Ltd. and oil major BP, Dow Jones noted.
Additionally, the government offical reported that the winning companies would soon commence seismic surveys, probably within the next few months.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Pakistan Petroleum Ltd. more info
- OGDCL Successfully Completed Testing of 2 Wells in Pakistan's Nashpa Field (Aug 25)
- PPL Begins Gas Plant Ops at Gambat South's Shahdadpur Field in Sindh (Aug 15)
- PPL Finds Hydrocarbons at Hadi X-1A Well in Pakistan's Gambat South Block (Jul 18)
Company: Oil & Gas Development Corp. more info
- Pakistan Nets $175MM from Award of 41 Oil and Gas Blocks (Sep 30)
- Pakistan Awards Two New Exploration Blocks To OGDC (Feb 17)
Company: Pakistan Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Resources more info
- Pakistan to Offer 32 Blocks for Oil, Gas Exploration Soon (Sep 13)
- PGPC, PTPL Ink Deal for Pakistan's Second LNG Import Terminal (Jul 07)
- Pakistan Seeks to Import More LNG to Address Supply Shortage (Jun 16)