DONG Drills Successful Sidetrack at Glenlivet Gas Discovery
As a 10% partner in the DONG E&P UK operated license P1195, Faroe Petroleum has reported on the results of the side track appraisal well on the recent Glenlivet gas discovery, West of Shetland.
The side track was successfully drilled and confirmed the lateral extent of the high quality gas bearing reservoir. Based on the preliminary logging data, the results exceed the prognosed net gas column and reservoir quality.
The partnership has decided to drill a second side track appraisal well.
Glenlivet is a Palaeocene gas discovery, and the 214/30a‐2 well was drilled by the operator DONG E&P UK (80%) and partners Faroe Petroleum (10%) and First Oil Expro (10%) using the Transocean Rather semisubmersible drilling rig. The well was drilled in a water depth of 1,430 feet and reached total depth of 7,654 feet measured depth on Friday, September 11, 2009.
Graham Stewart, Chief Executive of Faroe Petroleum commented, "We are very pleased to report the successful outcome of the side track appraisal well, which has reconfirmed the presence of a significant accumulation of hydrocarbons and based on the preliminary logging data, the results exceed the prognosed net gas column and has found a better than predicted reservoir quality.
"The Glenlivet well is the first of a firm five‐well Atlantic Margin exploration drilling program which Faroe is undertaking over the coming months. On Tuesday, September 29, Faroe announced the spud of the second well in the program, operated by OMV, which will test the Tornado oil prospect, located close to BP's producing Schiehallion field. Following Tornado we are scheduled to drill three further high impact exploration wells, the Anne Marie oil prospect in the Faroes (operated by Eni), the Cardhu oil prospect in the UK (operated by BP) and the Lagavulin oil prospect in the UK (operated by Chevron)."
- BP and Aker BP Form Technology Alliance (Oct 03)
- Oil Price Spike Could be Short-lived (Sep 25)
- BP Oil-Buying Spree Jolts Sleepy West African Crude Market (Sep 14)
Company: DONG more info
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Saturno Brazil Pre-Salt Acreage Goes to Shell and Chevron (Sep 28)
- Canada Shale Drillers Feel Permian Pain as Prices Collapse (Sep 20)
- Exxon, Chevron and Occidental Join Oil and Gas Climate Group (Sep 20)
Company: OMV more info
- Kremlin Accuses Trump of Trying to Bully Europe into Buying US LNG (Jul 12)
- Austria's OMV to Invest in UAE Offshore Oilfields in $1.5B Deal with ADNOC (Apr 05)
- OMV Ramps Up Search For Gas In Austria (Jan 29)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Transocean Wins Multi-well NCS Contract for New Semisub (Sep 21)
- Driller Transocean Eyes Improved Lease Rates, Activity In 2019 (Sep 05)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- DNO Withdraws Request For Faroe Board Seats As Conflict Escalates (Aug 27)
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)