ConocoPhillips to Carry Out MUO on Ekofisk
ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS (COPSAS) has been granted consent to carry out manned underwater operations (MUO) on Ekofisk using the diving vessel Seven Pelican.
The consent applies to diving work related to installation of the new water injection unit 2/4-VA.
The work will be carried out during the end of September 2009 and will mainly consist of removing parts from the existing flowline to 2/4-W and installing a new flowline and control umbilical for the 2/4-VA subsea module.
In addition, the divers will also place protective structures on parts of the new flowline and control umbilical for the new unit.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)