Eni Picks Up Exploration Block Onshore Pakistan
Eni has won, in joint venture with Pakistan Petroleum Ltd (PPL) and Royal Dutch Shell, the bid tender for the exploration license of onshore Sukhpur block, located in the Sindh province north of Karachi. The Sukhpur block lies in the vicinity of the Eni-operated producing areas of Bhit and Badhra and will bring significant operating synergies.
During the meeting held in Rome between the President of Pakistan Asif Zardari and Eni CEO Paolo Scaroni, discussions covered this assignment as well as further developments of the Protocol of Cooperation signed last March between Eni and the Government of Pakistan.
Eni CEO Paolo Scaroni also expressed Eni's commitment to continuing as a strategic partner in the development of Pakistan's oil sector by making the company’s expertise, know-how and innovative technologies available.
Eni has been present in Pakistan since 2000 and is the first international company operating in the country in terms of exploration and production of gas with an equity production of 56,000 boe/d. Eni is also the first player in the offshore exploration of hydrocarbons with cutting-edge technologies. The company currently holds 22 exploration and production licenses in Pakistan including: 15 exploration licenses (3 offshore and 12 onshore), and 7 production or development licenses (3 operated).
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Pakistan Petroleum Ltd. more info
- OGDCL Successfully Completed Testing of 2 Wells in Pakistan's Nashpa Field (Aug 25)
- PPL Begins Gas Plant Ops at Gambat South's Shahdadpur Field in Sindh (Aug 15)
- PPL Finds Hydrocarbons at Hadi X-1A Well in Pakistan's Gambat South Block (Jul 18)