DSME, KOGAS Ink MOU to Develop FPSO Equipment Technology
DSME and Korea Gas Corporation signed a memorandum of understanding to collaborate on the research and development of a joint project at the Okpo shipyard on September 22th.
DSME and KOGAS agreed to conduct a joint project to develop core technology for top-side equipment on the Dimethyl Ether FPSO -- which is designed to liquefy natural gas on its decks -- in consideration of future offshore products.
KOGAS had helped DSME enter the LNGC markets, which they now lead, therefore their partnership has been has been invaluable for DSME as they stand out in the LNGC segment.
Dr. Y. D. Kim, Head of the R&D Division of KOGAS said, "KOGAS expects the MOU to generate synergy by collaborating with DSME on research related to DME FPSO facilities."
- S. Korea's KOGAS Says Interested In US Shale Gas Projects (Feb 10)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
Company: DSME more info
- Seadrill Defers Delivery of Drillships from DSME (Jan 15)
- DSME Files Complaint with LMAA Over Songa Offshore's Newbuild Semisubs (Jul 31)
- DNV Launches JIP with South Korean Yards to Reduce Project Cost by 15% (Jul 23)