Pemex Chooses WGPC's Equipment for Onshore Fields
Wood Group Pressure Control ("WGPC") has been awarded a contract valued at US $11.2 million by Petróleos Mexicanos ("Pemex") to provide 125 wellheads and Christmas trees for onshore oil & gas fields in Southern Mexico.
The wellheads will be manufactured in WGPC's Monterrey, Mexico facility, an American Petroleum Institute ("API") 6A accredited facility. API
certification is granted to oil & gas industry manufacturers with the capability -- processes, equipment, and personnel -- to manufacture products that meet the technical requirements of the applicable API product specification(s).
The wellheads will be installed in five fields -- Comalcalco, Reforma, Cardenas, Delta de Tonala and Ciudad Pemex -- will be supported by
WGPC's Villahermosa and Poza Rica service centers.
"WGPC has a strong commitment to Pemex and Mexico," stated Scott Bender, president of Wood Group Pressure Control. "We've installed more than 150 wellhead systems for Pemex over the last five years and look forward to continuing our relationship with this strategic client."
- Pemex Signs Landmark Offshore Deal (Sep 21)
- Data, Source: Mexico's State-Run Pemex Pauses Light Crude Exports (Aug 31)
- Bay of Campeche Subsea Tieback Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 01)
Company: Wood plc more info
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)