Pemex Chooses WGPC's Equipment for Onshore Fields
Wood Group Pressure Control ("WGPC") has been awarded a contract valued at US $11.2 million by Petróleos Mexicanos ("Pemex") to provide 125 wellheads and Christmas trees for onshore oil & gas fields in Southern Mexico.
The wellheads will be manufactured in WGPC's Monterrey, Mexico facility, an American Petroleum Institute ("API") 6A accredited facility. API
certification is granted to oil & gas industry manufacturers with the capability -- processes, equipment, and personnel -- to manufacture products that meet the technical requirements of the applicable API product specification(s).
The wellheads will be installed in five fields -- Comalcalco, Reforma, Cardenas, Delta de Tonala and Ciudad Pemex -- will be supported by
WGPC's Villahermosa and Poza Rica service centers.
"WGPC has a strong commitment to Pemex and Mexico," stated Scott Bender, president of Wood Group Pressure Control. "We've installed more than 150 wellhead systems for Pemex over the last five years and look forward to continuing our relationship with this strategic client."
- AMLO Doubles Down to End Fuel Theft after PEMEX Explosion (Jan 21)
- Mexican Driller Latina Is Said to Bid for Pemex Contract (Jan 17)
- Mexico Fuel Sellers Said to Seek Pemex Alternative (Jan 11)
Company: Wood plc more info
- Planning for Pivotal Moments: Operating at the Forefront of Commissioning (Dec 26)
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)