Shell Gets Go-Ahead to Use West Navigator on Ormen Lange
A/S Norske Shell has been granted consent to use Seadrill's West Navigator drillship for drilling and well operations in connection with the development of the southern part of Ormen Lange.
West Navigator has drilled production wells in the northern part of the field for the past 3.5 years and is currently concluding this work.
Depending on the progress of this work, it may start production drilling in the southern part of the field at the end of September/beginning of October 2009.
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Nov 27)
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Fredriksen Is Back in Rigs After $5 Billion Vanished in Seadrill (Jul 06)
- Seadrill CEO Sees Consolidation Speeding Up Drilling Market Recovery (Jul 03)
- Seadrill Emerges From Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (Jul 02)