Shell Gets Go-Ahead to Use West Navigator on Ormen Lange
A/S Norske Shell has been granted consent to use Seadrill's West Navigator drillship for drilling and well operations in connection with the development of the southern part of Ormen Lange.
West Navigator has drilled production wells in the northern part of the field for the past 3.5 years and is currently concluding this work.
Depending on the progress of this work, it may start production drilling in the southern part of the field at the end of September/beginning of October 2009.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)