Global: SCS Opens New Offices in Norway
A leading specialist in managed supply chain solutions for the international energy industry is building on its continuing success with the opening of new offices in Stavanger, Norway.
The move follows a year that has seen Aberdeen-based Global Supply Chain Solutions (Global: SCS) treble its business world-wide and double its staff.
Global: SCS managing director Tommy Hillock said that despite challenging economic conditions, the company's turnover grew to around £3.5million in the past financial year.
He said, "Of our additional business, around 65 percent involved quality management projects and 35 percent contracts and procurement activities. During the year we worked with over forty customers around the globe in major energy industry locations including Houston, the Middle and Far East and West Africa as well as the North Sea.
"Over the period we have increased our staff numbers significantly to handle the increase in business and we now work with a large number of inspection resources around the world providing mill and vendor inspection and expediting services.
"We also have qualified and experienced technical and quality auditors who are extremely busy verifying or pre-qualifying various manufacturing plants around the world for a number of our major customers.
"The opening of our new Stavanger office is an important strategic development for us as we seek to build on the progress we have achieved so far with the West Alpha and Borgland Dolphin Consortium Drilling programs. These programs are primarily exploration and appraisal wells for which we provide contracts and procurement support for well engineering and geoscience services and equipment."
Major operators Global: SCS work for include BG International, Shell, BP UK, Tullow Oil, Marathon Oil, Nexen Norway, Noreco (Norwegian Energy Company ASA, through Senergy Ltd.) and ACS Cobra in Spain. Global SCS have also achieved successes in the contracting arena with Senergy, DOF Subsea and Expro North Sea and USA.
Global Energy Group Vice Chairman Bill Hamilton paid tribute to the Global: SCS team's achievements.
He said, "The past year has been a tough one for everyone involved in the international energy industry and that continues to be the case.
"The achievements of the Global: SCS team are all the more remarkable given these circumstances. The company's recent success is down, in great part, to the quality, commitment and hard work of its people.
"I know those qualities will be to the fore as they develop the exciting new opportunities offered by establishing a permanent presence in Stavanger."
The Stavanger office will be headed by Steven Muirhead, whose considerable international experience includes extensive involvement with the Norwegian market.
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- BP Plans to Drill 6 More Wells in Azerbaijan (Jan 10)
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Jan 09)
Company: Nexen, Inc. more info
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Shell more info
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Nov 27)
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Offshore Namibia Dud Dims Outlook for New Play (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Fredriksen Is Back in Rigs After $5 Billion Vanished in Seadrill (Jul 06)
- Seadrill CEO Sees Consolidation Speeding Up Drilling Market Recovery (Jul 03)
- Seadrill Emerges From Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (Jul 02)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Shell Agrees to $1.9B Sell of Upstream Danish Assets to Noreco (Oct 17)
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)