DOF Secures Survey Contract Offshore Israel
Aberdeen-based specialist subsea service company DOF Subsea UK has entered into an agreement with Noble Energy to provide offshore hydrographic, geophysical surveying and shallow geotechnical investigation.
The work will be carried out onboard the company's vessel the Geosund for the Tamar and Dalit Field Development Project offshore Israel. The company will also be using their AUV and a third party Geotechnical Spread.
The value of the contract is estimated to be around $5.5 million and it is anticipated the project will commence in Q4 2009 and will last for approximately 60 days.
Commenting on the contract award, Garry Millard, DOF Subsea UK's Managing Director said, "The award of this contract is a significant win for DOF Subsea UK as we are delivering our services from one of our own vessels and will be utilizing our AUV. This will give us the opportunity to demonstrate our capabilities to a new client in a new region."
DOF Subsea provides subsea construction and engineering, IRM, ROV and survey support services to the world’s major subsea markets. The company employs over 1,200 highly qualified staff and owns state of the art equipment including 30 offshore construction, diving and ROV support vessels, 41 ROVs, 1 AUV and 11 diving spreads.
In support of its growing global business, an extensive new build programme is currently underway with 11 new vessels and 16 new Triton XLX ROVs scheduled for delivery during 2009 - 2011.
- Gulfport Names Noble Energy Executive As Operations Chief (Jan 03)
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
Company: DOF more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- DOF Subsea Bags IRM Contract for Shell Australia's Prelude FLNG Facility (Aug 01)
- DOF Rederi Secures North Sea Services Contracts with Nexen, Maersk (Apr 12)