Technip Reels in Service Contract for Na Kika Tieback
Technip has been awarded a lump sum contract by BP Exploration and Production Company for the Isabela project in the Gulf of Mexico. The project is a subsea tieback to the Na Kika semisubmersible platform located in Mississippi Canyon, 140 miles (225 kilometers) offshore New Orleans, Louisiana, at a water depth of approximately 6,300 feet (1,920 meters).
The contract covers:
- project management,
- engineering, fabrication and installation of pipe-in-pipe flowlines, steel catenary risers and subsea equipments.
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas will execute this contract. The flowlines and risers will be welded at the Group's spoolbase located in Mobile, Alabama. Offshore installation is scheduled to be completed in the third quarter of 2010 using the Deep Blue, Technip's deepwater pipelay vessel.
- BP Thunder Horse Expansion in Gulf of Mexico Starts Early (Oct 18)
- Oil Drillers' Rocky Mountain High Threatened by Colorado Vote (Oct 17)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)
- TechnipFMC to Build Pioneering Vietnam Project (Aug 28)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)