Technip Reels in Service Contract for Na Kika Tieback
Technip has been awarded a lump sum contract by BP Exploration and Production Company for the Isabela project in the Gulf of Mexico. The project is a subsea tieback to the Na Kika semisubmersible platform located in Mississippi Canyon, 140 miles (225 kilometers) offshore New Orleans, Louisiana, at a water depth of approximately 6,300 feet (1,920 meters).
The contract covers:
- project management,
- engineering, fabrication and installation of pipe-in-pipe flowlines, steel catenary risers and subsea equipments.
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas will execute this contract. The flowlines and risers will be welded at the Group's spoolbase located in Mobile, Alabama. Offshore installation is scheduled to be completed in the third quarter of 2010 using the Deep Blue, Technip's deepwater pipelay vessel.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)