Kan Tan IV Waiting on Weather Before Mobilizing to Trefoil 2
Origin Energy, on behalf of the T/18P Joint Venture, advised that the semisubmersible drilling rig Kan Tan IV is currently located in Port Phillip Bay waiting on weather before moving to the Trefoil 2 location.
The semisubmersible drilling rig Kan Tan IV is operated by Maersk Drilling for a consortium of companies including Origin Energy Resources Ltd (Origin). The first well to be drilled in the program will be the appraisal well Trefoil 2 in exploration permit T/18P, operated by Origin. This well is located in the offshore Bass Basin some 38km west of the Yolla gas field and will appraise the Trefoil gas field discovered by Trefoil 1 in 2004.
The second well to be drilled in the same permit will be the exploration well Rockhopper 1, located some 30km west-north-west from Yolla.
Australian Drilling Associates Pty Ltd is providing project management services to Origin in respect of the Kan Tan IV drilling operations.
Other partners in this drilling campaign are Australian Worldwide Exploration (47.5%), CalEnergy Gas (8.5%) and Innamincka Petroleum (5%).
- Maersk Drilling to Sell Jackup (Nov 12)
- CEO: Maersk Drilling Strong Enough To Stand On Its Own After Listing (Aug 28)
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
Company: Origin Energy more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: CalEnergy Gas more info
- AWE Enters Agreement with CalEnergy (Mar 01)
- BassGas JV Puts Final Price Tag on Yolla Enhancement (Dec 18)
- Origin Updates on Purchase of Woodside's Otway Interest (Dec 07)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Innamincka Petroleum more info
- Innamincka Restarts Flax Field's Production (Apr 01)
- Origin Encounters Good Gas Shows at Rockhopper-1 (Dec 29)
- AWE, Innamincka Take Bigger Bite of BassGas Project (Nov 11)