Aker Aces Subsea Construction Contract for Atlantis, Thunder Horse
Aker Solutions has signed a contract with BP America Inc. to perform subsea construction activities at the operator's Atlantis and Thunder Horse fields in the Gulf of Mexico.
The Scope of work comprises planning and executing the installation of subsea hardware including manifolds, PLEMs (pipeline-end manifolds), jumpers, flying leads and related equipment. The work will be performed at water depths between 1600 meters and 2000 meters, and is scheduled to start in Q4, 2009. The project will be executed by Aker Solutions' state-of-the-art construction vessels, the BOA Sub C and BOA Deep C.
"This is an important project for Aker Solutions as it further strengthens our relationship with BP and our position within deepwater marine contracting," said Erik Wiik, president Subsea North America, Aker Solutions. "We are very pleased to be working together with BP on this project."
Contract value is undisclosed.
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- BP Plans to Drill 6 More Wells in Azerbaijan (Jan 10)
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Jan 09)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- More Layoffs on the Way for Aker Solutions (Aug 23)
- Aker Solutions Opens Upgraded Aberdeen Site (Apr 27)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)