Aker Aces Subsea Construction Contract for Atlantis, Thunder Horse
Aker Solutions has signed a contract with BP America Inc. to perform subsea construction activities at the operator's Atlantis and Thunder Horse fields in the Gulf of Mexico.
The Scope of work comprises planning and executing the installation of subsea hardware including manifolds, PLEMs (pipeline-end manifolds), jumpers, flying leads and related equipment. The work will be performed at water depths between 1600 meters and 2000 meters, and is scheduled to start in Q4, 2009. The project will be executed by Aker Solutions' state-of-the-art construction vessels, the BOA Sub C and BOA Deep C.
"This is an important project for Aker Solutions as it further strengthens our relationship with BP and our position within deepwater marine contracting," said Erik Wiik, president Subsea North America, Aker Solutions. "We are very pleased to be working together with BP on this project."
Contract value is undisclosed.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)