Newbuild ROV Support Vessel Normand Subsea Takes Its Name
Solstad and Subsea 7 have held the official naming ceremony for the Normand Subsea, a newbuild remotely operated vehicle support vessel (ROVSV) -- one of the largest and most sophisticated of its kind. Owned and built by Solstad and chartered by Subsea 7, the vessel was officially named at Stavanger Harbour in Norway on Thursday, September 17.
The vessel's Godmother is Catherine Gallagher, wife of Shell's Technical Vice President for Exploration and Production, John Gallagher, based in Aberdeen. The ceremony was attended by senior management from Solstad, Subsea 7 and Shell.
The Normand Subsea, which will be delivered to Subsea 7 later this year, is a state-of-the-art dynamically positioned Life of Field vessel, specifically designed for inspection, repair and maintenance work.
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- North Sea Operators Extend Subsea 7 Deal (Nov 26)
- Oceaneering Sees Reason for More Offshore Confidence (Sep 10)
Company: Solstad Offshore more info
- Norwegian Firms to Create Offshore Oil Industry Supply Vessels Giant (Feb 06)
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Solstad Offshore Says Industry Must Consolidate to Restore Profits (Feb 24)