Aurelian Sees No Sign of Hydrocarbon Life at Voitinel-1 in Romania
An update has been provided on operations at the Voitinel-1 exploration well, located in the Brodina concession in Romania.
The well reached a final TD of 2,076m ahead of schedule on September 19, 2009. The well failed to find hydrocarbons in the primary objective but encountered gas shows in several Sarmatian intervals.
Log analysis of the Sarmatian sandstones indicates the potential for approximately 7m of gas pay in a gross interval between 1,650 and 1,675m. Consequently, the well will be completed and the rig released prior to mobilizing equipment to perforate and perform a flow-test over the interval 1,664 to 1,671m. Depending on the results of this flow test, there is a similar additional 29m gross interval at 1,400m that could be tested at a later date.
Paul Barrett, Managing Director, said, "Despite the absence of hydrocarbons in the Badenian, the presence of gas in the overlying sandstones is encouraging and we look forward to providing details of the test result from this interval in due course. In the meantime, we are working on a program of increasing production and drilling Hykeham-1, which we will provide an update on shortly."
Aurelian Oil & Gas has a 33.75% stake in the well; the other stakeholders are SNGN Romgaz (37.5%) and Europe Oil & Gas (28.75%).
- BLOG: Can Europa Get a Farm-In Partner at FEL 3/13? (Jul 26)
- Europa Oil & Gas Completes Shale Petroleum UK Acquisition (Aug 15)
- Europa Relinquishes Part of PEDL 181 (Jul 04)
Company: Romgaz SA more info
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Romania To Start Gas Production At New Caragele Field In 2019 (May 12)
- Report: Romanian Romgaz to Partner Lukoil on Black Sea Exploration (Nov 20)
Company: Aurelian Oil & Gas plc more info
- Aurelian Receives Extension for Poland License (Feb 24)
- Aurelian Awarded Polish License Duo (Jan 04)
- Aurelian Discovers Gas at Polish Krzesinki Well (Oct 18)