PSA Grants Consent to Det Norske for Drilling Well 15/9-23
Det Norske Oljeselskap ASA (Det norske) has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the southern part of the North Sea with the Bredford Dolphin semisub.
Exploration well 15/9-23 is located about 22 kilometers northeast of the Varg field, ten kilometers southwest of the Sleipner A facility and 208 kilometers off the Norwegian coast (Utsira).
The objective of well 15/9-23 is to explore the hydrocarbon potential in a prospect called Skardkollen.
The well is part of production license 408 and has the following geographical coordinates: N 58° 16' 29.10", E 01° 52' 23.19". The water depth at the drilling site is 84 meters.
Planned start-up is mid-September 2009.
The duration of the activity is about 48 days if the well is dry and 83 days if a discovery is made, including testing and logging.
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)