Kan Tan IV Gears Up for Major Australian Drilling Campaign
Origin Energy reports that the semisubmersible drilling rig Kan Tan IV, operated by Maersk Drilling, is ready to commence drilling operations for a consortium of companies.
The first well to be drilled in the program will be the appraisal well Trefoil-2 in exploration permit T/18P, operated by Origin Energy. This well is located in the offshore Bass Basin some 38 km west of the Yolla gas field and will appraise the Trefoil gas field discovered by Trefoil-1 in 2004. Trefoil-2 is expected to start drilling by the end of the week.
The second well to be drilled in the same permit will be the exploration well Rockhopper-1, located some 30km west-north-west from Yolla.
Australian Drilling Associates Pty Ltd is providing project management services in respect of the Kan Tan IV drilling operations.
At the conclusion of the Bass Basin drilling campaign, the Kan Tan IV rig will be transported to New Zealand, where AWE will operate a 4-5 well drilling program in the offshore Taranaki Basin. This Taranaki campaign will include the Hoki-1 and Tuatara-1 exploration wells and two wells nearby to the existing Tui oil field.
Joint Venturers in Production exploration permit T/18 P are AWE (47.5%); Origin Energy Resources Ltd (Operator) 39.0%; CalEnergy Resources (Australia) Ltd 8.5%; and Innamincka Petroleum Ltd 5.0%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: CalEnergy Gas more info
- AWE Enters Agreement with CalEnergy (Mar 01)
- BassGas JV Puts Final Price Tag on Yolla Enhancement (Dec 18)
- Origin Updates on Purchase of Woodside's Otway Interest (Dec 07)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Innamincka Petroleum more info
- Innamincka Restarts Flax Field's Production (Apr 01)
- Origin Encounters Good Gas Shows at Rockhopper-1 (Dec 29)
- AWE, Innamincka Take Bigger Bite of BassGas Project (Nov 11)