Vietnam Govt Gives Green Light for Offshore Te Giac Trang Devt
SOCO has been informed by the Hoang Long Joint Operating Company ("HLJOC"), operator of Block 16-1 in the Cuu Long Basin offshore Vietnam, that the Ministry of Industry and Trade, on behalf of the Vietnamese Government, has approved the Development Plan for the Te Giac Trang ("TGT") Field.
First Oil from the TGT Field is targeted for mid-2011 and tenders for a number of long lead items are already under evaluation. A contract for the floating, production, storage and offloading vessel is currently being finalized. To date, seven exploration/appraisal wells have been drilled in the TGT Field, with an average oil and gas flow of approximately 11,300 barrels of oil equivalent per day from each well.
Ed Story, President and Chief Executive of SOCO, commented, "Vietnam governmental approval of the TGT development is an affirmation of the commercial success of our exploration and development efforts in Vietnam. This positions the Company for significant production growth when this major field comes on stream."
- SOCO: Congo Baobab Marine-1 Well Comes up Dry (Feb 26)
- British Oil Company Soco Says No Longer Holds Congo Block Permit (Nov 03)
- SOCO Net Profit, Production Down (Aug 05)
Company: Hoang Long Joint Operating Co. more info
- Honeywell Bags Project Management, Engineering Deal for Te Giac Trang Field (Mar 06)
- SOCO Optimistic About Production Potential of Vietnam's Offshore TGT Field (Dec 10)
- First Oil from H5 Development in Te Giac Trang Field Planned for 2H 2015 (Nov 14)
Company: SOCO Vietnam, Ltd more info
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
- Vietnam Govt Gives Green Light for Offshore Te Giac Trang Devt (Sep 21)
- SOCO Makes Headway in African, Southeast Asian Operations (Aug 12)