EnCana's Subsidiary Completes $3.5B Private Debt Offering
EnCana's wholly-owned subsidiary Cenovus Energy Inc. has completed, in three tranches, a US $3.5 billion private offering of debt securities which are exempt from the registration requirements of the Securities Act of 1933 under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
The three tranches are:
- US $800 million 4.50% senior notes due September 15, 2014
- US $1.3 billion 5.70% senior notes due October 15, 2019
- US $1.4 billion 6.75% senior notes due November 15, 2039
These debt securities have been assigned provisional ratings of BBB+ by Standard & Poor's Corporation and A (low) by DBRS Limited, and Baa2 by Moody’s Investors Services, Inc.
As previously announced, Cenovus has arranged a commitment for revolving and bridge credit facilities in the amounts of C$2 billion and US $3 billion, respectively, in connection with the proposed Plan of Arrangement as outlined in EnCana’s news release of September 10, 2009.
The proceeds of the private offering will eliminate the need for the US $3 billion bridge credit facility. The net proceeds of the private offering were placed into an escrow account pending the completion of the Arrangement.
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)