Carnarvon to Farm-In to Rangkas Block Onshore Indonesia
Carnarvon Petroleum has entered into a farm-in agreement with Lundin Rangkas B.V, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lundin Petroleum, in respect of the Rangkas block onshore West Java, Indonesia.
Carnarvon will acquire a 25 percent interest in the Rangkas block onshore Indonesia. The block covers an area of 3,977 km2. Previous drilling in the Block and surface oil seeps have confirmed an active petroleum system. Several prospects and leads have been identified in the Block from earlier 2D seismic. A 2D seismic acquisition program is due to commence in 2010.
Lundin Petroleum is the operator of the Rangkas block and will have the remaining 75 percent working interest. The completion of this transaction is subject to the approval of the Government of Indonesia.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
Company: Carnarvon Petroleum Limited more info
- Carnarvon Adds WA-524-P Permit on Western Australia's NWS to Portfolio (Sep 20)
- Carnarvon Says Positive Signals Emerges from Roc-2 Well Drilling Off WA (Sep 19)
- Quadrant Energy Says Roc-2 Well in Permit WA-437-P Confirms Hydrocarbons (Sep 09)