Murphy Fires Up First Gas Production Offshore Sarawak
Murphy Oil announced that production commenced on September 17 from natural gas fields in Blocks SK 309 and SK 311 offshore Sarawak, Malaysia. Natural gas produced from the phased development of the fields will be supplied to the PETRONAS LNG Complex in Bintulu, Sarawak.
Murphy Sarawak Oil Co., Ltd. operates the development and maintains an 85% working interest in the discovered fields with PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd. holding the remaining 15%. The contract terms call for the development to supply 250 million cubic feet of natural gas per day (mmcfpd) for a firm period of five years, with a provision to supply up to 350 mmcfpd for an additional ten-year period.
Murphy Oil Corporation’s President and Chief Executive Officer, David M. Wood, commented, "This efficient and low-cost approach to develop a collection of smaller natural gas fields is testament to the cooperation between Murphy, our partner, PETRONAS Carigali, and PETRONAS. This long-term natural gas development will play an important role in Malaysia's production profile for many years to come."
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)