Petrobras Reports Offshore Oil Find in BM-S-7 to ANP
According to the National Petroleum Agency's (ANP) data, Petrobras reported late Wednesday an oil find in the offshore Santos Basin.
Located in the BM-S-7 block and drilled by the Pride South Atlantic semisub to a total depth of 4,625 meters, the 9BRSA741SPS well encountered traces of oil.
The BM-S-7 block already contains the Piracuca discovery, which was announced in April by Petrobras and partner Repsol and is estimated to hold light and natural gas reserves of some 550 million barrels of oil equivalent. Operator Petrobras retains a 63% interest in the BM-S-7 block, while Repsol holds the remaining 37%.
Oil companies operating in Brazil are instructed by the ANP to report any oil, natural gas or hydrocarbon find within 48 hours; however, the disclosures do not indicate commercial viability.
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
Company: Repsol more info
- Sources: Spain's Repsol Hires Tanker For Iran's Pars Oil As Sanctions Loom (Jun 19)
- Total Signs Deal to Extend TFT Gas Field License in Algeria (Jun 11)
- Repsol Asks Vietnam For Compensation After Drilling Project Halted (May 04)
Company: Pride International more info
- Randy Stilley Comes on Board of Paragon Offshore (Feb 04)
- Ensco Completes Pride Acquisition (May 31)
- Pride, Ensco Enter MOU in Merger Lawsuit (May 20)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Approves Bidders For Oil Auction In March (Feb 21)
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)