PetroHungaria Tests Positive Rates at Peneszlek Gas Well
Leni Gas & Oil reported that PetroHungaria kft (LGO 7.27%) has completed the testing of the Pen-105 gas well in the Penészlek Development Area of Eastern Hungary. The gas rates achieved and the reserves associated with Pen-105 were substantially higher than pre-drill estimates.
The Pen-105 well which was an appraisal of the Pen-12 discovery was drilled to a total depth of 1,487m and has now been completed in the tuffaceous Miocene reservoirs as a production well. Three intervals were tested in the target formation, such that 9 metres of reservoir were perforated. All three zones flowed gas (two with condensate), with no formation water. The productive reservoir found is substantially thicker than at the Pen-12 discovery well and mean resources have increased from the pre-drill estimate of 1.46 bcf. The mean recoverable reserves shall be announced in due course within an updated resources restatement.
The pipeline has been planned with an application for a construction permit submitted and approval is expected by the end of November.
Production from the well is due to commence in early 2010. The Pen-105 well is located approximately 6 kilometres west south west of the current Pen-104 gas production well.
- Leni Sees Goudron Well Flow at 700 Barrels per Day (Sep 17)
- Leni Drills 5th Well in Trinidad Development Campaign (Aug 21)
- Leni Appoints New Finance Director (Aug 07)
Company: PetroHungaria kft more info
- PetroHungaria Begins Sidetrack of Hungary Well (Mar 21)
- Ascent Brings Hungarian Gas Well Online (Mar 23)
- PetroHungaria Spuds New Peneszlek Well in Hungary (Feb 09)