Lamprell Secures $52MM in New Offshore Construction Contracts
Lamprell has received contract awards from three of its key customers, which in aggregate total US $52 million.
New Contract Awards
Lamprell is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the following contracts:
Saipem Energy Services S.p.A has awarded Lamprell a US $18.1 million contract for the construction of six process modules, pipe-rack sections and interconnecting pipe spools for the Aquila Phase 2 Floating Production, Storage and Offloading ("FPSO") Project. The modules will be constructed at the Jebel Ali facility and are scheduled to be completed in November 2010.
Noble International Limited has awarded Lamprell a US $20.4 million award for the fabrication and installation of three 309 feet legs for the David Tinsley jackup drilling unit, in addition to general refurbishment and upgrade works already underway to repair the hull, leg wells and jacking houses. The work has commenced at the Hamriyah facility and is scheduled to be completed by the end of July 2010.
Transocean Investments S.a.r.l. has awarded Lamprell the contract for the upgrade and refurbishment of the Key Manhattan jackup drilling unit. This project will be undertaken in Croatia by Lamprell at the Nauta Lamjana shipyard. The initial contract value is US $13.4 million and the work scope includes extensive steel renewals and associated painting works, structural repairs to the cantilever and derrick, and the replacement of hull piping systems. The work will commence during September 2009 and is scheduled for completion in December 2009.
Commenting on the contract awards Nigel McCue, Chief Executive Officer, Lamprell said, "We are delighted to be announcing these contract awards which illustrate the continuing demand for our services. The contract with Saipem is our first FPSO award since July 2008 and reinforces the confidence we have in the long-term viability of the offshore construction market both for fixed and floating structures.
"We are also pleased to announce our rig refurbishment contract wins with two long established clients. They endorse our strong reputation for quality, safety and service and for delivering projects on schedule and on budget. We are particularly encouraged to be involved in the offsite project with Transocean, which reflects a developing area of business for Lamprell.
"We are confident that Lamprell will continue to meet and exceed the expectations of its clients."
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
Company: Lamprell more info
- Rig Builder Lamprell Sees Lower Revenue, To Tighten Purse Strings (Jan 23)
- Lamprell Secures Services Contract with Jacktel AS (Sep 26)
- Lamprell Expects Challenging Environment to Continue Through 2017 (Sep 22)