PEP Taps Dragados for ZAAP-C Platform in Mexico's GOM
PEP has declared Dragados Offshore, SA and its subsidiary Dragados Offshore Mexico, SA de CV, the successful tenderer of the generation platform called the ZAAP-C Project, covering engineering, procurement, fabrication, load-out, mooring, transportation, installation, hook-up, testing, commissioning and start-up, to be installed in the area of Campeche, Gulf of Mexico.
The objective of this project is to meet the electricity demand required by an integrated multiphase pumping system and an electro-centrifugal pumping system, ensuring optimal operation of the pumps on platforms PP-MALOOB-A, PP-MALOOB-B, PP-MALOOB-C, PP-MALOOB-D, PP-ZAAP-A, PP-ZAAP-B and PP-ZAAP-D.
The new platform will include two 32 MW turbo-generators operating in parallel to generate a total of 48 MW, a third backup turbo-generator of the same power, and other multiple auxiliary services.
The project execution will be carried out entirely in Mexico from Dragados Offshore's yard near the city of Tampico.
The Project will be executed in slightly less than 2 years time and has a total weight of about 12,000 tons. It consists of a module or superstructure with a total weight of about 5,000 tons. The scope also includes jacket and piles weighing 6,000 tons and an interconnecting bridge.
With this new contract, Dragados Offshore maintains its leadership in design, fabrication and commissioning of offshore platforms for the oil and gas industry in the Mexican sector of the Gulf of Mexico.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: Dragados more info
- Dragados Awards Bay of Campeche Subcontracts (Apr 07)
- ITT Provides Offshore Platform Equipment to Mexico's Dragados (Nov 23)
- PEP Taps Dragados for ZAAP-C Platform in Mexico's GOM (Sep 15)