OGDC Uncovers Additional Reserves at Nashpa Discovery
Further to its announcement on September 1, 2009, Oil and Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL), the Operator of Nashpa E.L., together with its Joint Venture partners i.e. PPL and GHPL, has discovered significant hydrocarbon reserves at the upper Lockhart Zone of recent discovery made in Nashpa-1 well located in District Karak of NWFP Province, onshore Pakistan.
Nashpa-1 was spudded on June 29, 2008 and drilled down to the depth of 4,384 meters. Initially, one of the potential zones, middle Lockhart was tested on August 31, 2009, which flowed 3,000 barrels of crude oil per day and 9.7 MMSCFD of gas. Subsequently, testing of additional zones continued which resulted in finding of significant reserves of hydrocarbons at upper Lockhart. Initial testing of this zone conducted on September 10, 2009 has produced about 4,200 bopd and 17 million of gas per day. These numbers will further improve as OGDCL plans to carry out stimulation job to enhance the well's productivity.
|Choke Size||WHFP (PSI)||Quantity of Oil (BOPD)||Quantity of Gas (MMSCFD)||Testing Results of|
- OGDCL Successfully Completed Testing of 2 Wells in Pakistan's Nashpa Field (Aug 25)
- PPL Begins Gas Plant Ops at Gambat South's Shahdadpur Field in Sindh (Aug 15)
- PPL Finds Hydrocarbons at Hadi X-1A Well in Pakistan's Gambat South Block (Jul 18)
Company: Oil and Gas Development Co., Ltd. more info
- Jura Posts Test Results for Reti-2 Well in Pakistan's Central Indus Basin (May 28)
- Jura Abandons Ismail-1 Exploration Well in Pakistan's Guddu Block (May 20)
- OGDCL Makes Hydrocarbon Discovery at Pakistan Well (Jan 04)