Petrobras Taps Normand Seven for Pipelay Services
Subsea 7 has been awarded a long-term contract by Petrobras (Petroleo Brasileiro S/A) for its pipelay vessel the Normand Seven.
The contract, valued in excess of US $250 million, is for the exclusive use of the vessel for a period of four (4) years, commencing in the third quarter of 2009.
Subsea 7's Vice President for Brazil Victor Bomfim said, "Subsea 7 has a tremendous track record of successful and safe project execution for Petrobras built up over a number of years. We are delighted to extend this relationship with this long term commitment to Subsea 7. It reinforces Subsea 7's position as the Subsea Partner of Choice in the region and recognises the strong local presence that it has developed over many years."
The Normand Seven is a state-of-the-art pipelay vessel fitted with an advanced flexible pipelay system capable of operating in water depths of up to 2,000m. She joined the Subsea 7 fleet immediately after her commissioning in 2007 and has worked continuously in Brazil since that time, primarily supporting Petrobras in the development of the Roncador field in the Campos basin.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)