StatoilHydro to Drill New North Sea Well with Ocean Vanguard
StatoilHydro has received consent for exploration drilling in the Norwegian Sea with Diamond Offshore's Ocean Vanguard semisub.
The well is located 7.6 km southeast of 6608/10-4 (Norne), 12.7 km south-southwest of 6608/11-6 (Hauk) and 160 km west-northwest of the island Vega.
The well is part of production license 437 and has the following geographical coordinates: N 66 degrees 00' 25,4", E 08 degrees 18' 10.2". The water depth at the site is 387 meters.
Drilling is planned to start in late September 2009. The operation is expected to last for 32 days.
Ocean Vanguard (formerly West Vanguard) is a semisubmersible, third-generation drilling facility of the type Bingo 3000, built in 1982. It is operated by Diamond Offshore which has an operations office in Stavanger, receiving technical and operational support from the company's office in Aberdeen.
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss On Lower Costs (Jul 30)
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Quarterly Loss (Apr 30)
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)