Total Collects Stake in UK's Tobermory Discovery
Total E&P UK has entered into agreements with Mobil North Sea LLC, Marathon Oil U.K., Ltd. and Anadarko North Sea Holding Company Limited to acquire a 43.75% stake in UK License No. P967, which includes the Tobermory discovery. Total E&P UK will become the operator of the license.
The Tobermory gas reservoir was discovered in 1999 by well 214/4-1. It is located in 1,600 meters of water depth and situated 175 kilometers North-West of the Shetland Isles.
This acquisition is in line with Total's strategy of developing its position in the West of Shetland basin around its Laggan and Tormore operated discoveries. The development studies for these discoveries are being finalized and new gas export infrastructure to the St. Fergus gas terminal is planned, which Tobermory could utilize.
With Tobermory, Total reaffirms its commitment to actively pursuing exploration and contributing to the development of the United Kingdom's oil and gas resources.
- Ex-Schlumberger Chief to Acquire Biggest Shale Pipe Servicer (Oct 19)
- Exxon Exploration Chief Eyes Africa for Next Elephant Oil Find (Oct 18)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- US Energy Operations Begin Recovering After Tropical Storm Gordon (Sep 05)
- Storm Gordon Halts Some Energy Production In US Gulf (Sep 04)
- BLOG: The Good Deeds of Oil, Gas (Aug 09)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- TechnipFMC Wins Offshore Angola Contract (Jul 02)
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)