Tindalo Devt Gets Green Light, First Oil Planned for 2010
Nido Petroleum advised that the Philippine Department of Energy has approved the Tindalo oil field Plan of Development (POD) in Service Contract 54 Block A in the Northwest Palawan Basin.
Key facts from the POD are:
- The Tindalo-1 discovery well is to be reentered and completed for production
- Initial well testing period will then follow to further appraise the reservoir
- The planned development shall utilize a shallow water jackup rig and FSO combination
- First oil is scheduled for 1Q 2010
Nido Deputy Managing Director, Ms. Joanne Williams, said, "This is a significant milestone in the life of the Tindalo development and is one of key approvals required by the SC54 joint venture. The Secretary of Energy, Angelo T. Reyes, and his team at the Department of Energy, have been very thorough and proactive in their evaluation of the development proposal but have also provided great encouragement and assistance. We look forward to working closely with the Department in the coming months in the lead up to project execution, well testing evaluation and production operations and the commencement of oil production in 2010."
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)