SKF Inks Global Reliability Services Contract with Transocean for 59 Rigs
SKF signed a service contract with Transocean, the largest drilling company in the world. The contract is worth SEK 10 million and covers asset reliability services for 59 of Transocean's drilling rigs located in the North Sea, the Mediterranean and the Caspian Seas as well as outside the West Coast of Africa.
"By being a global knowledge engineering company, SKF is able to undertake a contract of this type and magnitude," said Vartan Vartanian, President SKF Service Division. "In this specific case several SKF units across the globe will cooperate and interact successfully in order to fulfill the contract."
SKF will assist Transocean in developing a consistent approach to onboard machinery lubrication practices, including processes and common sets of guidelines.
This type of service contract provides SKF with the opportunity to expand its offering in the offshore drilling sector which is a growing industry and focus area for SKF.
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: SKF more info
- SKF Secures Maintenance Contract in UK North Sea (Dec 18)
- SKF Inks Global Reliability Services Contract with Transocean for 59 Rigs (Sep 03)
- Aker Kvaerner, SKF Sign Condition-based Maintenance Contract (Jun 11)