DOF Reels in Survey Contract for BP's Deepwater Angola Program
Specialist subsea service company DOF Subsea Angola SA has been awarded a contract by BP worth around £13 million for the provision of Well Positioning, Acoustic Rig Moves and Verification Services for Block 31 in BP's Angola Deepwater Program.
The project initially involves the design, manufacture, installation and positioning of approximately 40 Transponder Frames, which subsequently will be utilized by DOF Subsea for Acoustic Rigmoves and by the Block 31 Subsea Installation Contractors to support their installation activities. It is anticipated that the project will commence in August 2009 and will initially last for 5 years.
Garry Millard, Managing Director, DOF Subsea UK said, "We are very pleased to receive this award from BP for DOF Subsea in Angola. The project will be project managed and supported by DOF Subsea UK and will allow the DOF Subsea organization the opportunity to demonstrate our ability to a new client in a region where we have significant focus, investment and growth potential."
DOF Subsea provides subsea construction and engineering, IRM, ROV and survey support services to the world's major subsea markets. The company employs over 1,200 highly qualified staff and owns state of the art equipment including 30 offshore construction, diving and ROV support vessels, 41 ROVs, 1 AUV and 11 diving spreads.
In support of its growing global business, an extensive new build program is currently underway with 11 new vessels and 16 new Triton XLX ROVs scheduled for delivery during 2009 - 2011.
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- Rerouted Oil to Soften Russian Economy Contraction: World Bank
- ConocoPhillips Starts Nuna Oil Field Development in Alaska
- USA Aims to Raise Clean Hydrogen Output to 10 MMT Yearly
- India's MRPL Redirects Growth Plan from Refinery to Chemicals
- Global Electricity Access Growth Slows in Past Three Years: IEA
- Singapore's Sembcorp Inks Deal for Natural Gas from Indonesia
- Analyst Flags Downward Trajectory of USA Henry Hub Prices
- Exxon CEO Tells Europe to Follow USA Approach to Climate Action
- Further OPEC+ Production Cuts Are Still on the Table
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- India to Boost Renewables Capacity, Avoid New Coal Plants
- Kinder Morgan to Expand Gas Capacity at Texas Gulf Coast Facility
- USA Steel Major Taps ExxonMobil for Carbon Capture
- Aramco Holds Talks with Turkish Firms on $50B Planned Projects
- Hourly Pay for Shale Workers Tops $43
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- Chevron to Have Wastewater Pipeline for Permian Operation
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- USA EIA Slashes 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?