DOF Reels in Survey Contract for BP's Deepwater Angola Program
Specialist subsea service company DOF Subsea Angola SA has been awarded a contract by BP worth around £13 million for the provision of Well Positioning, Acoustic Rig Moves and Verification Services for Block 31 in BP's Angola Deepwater Program.
The project initially involves the design, manufacture, installation and positioning of approximately 40 Transponder Frames, which subsequently will be utilized by DOF Subsea for Acoustic Rigmoves and by the Block 31 Subsea Installation Contractors to support their installation activities. It is anticipated that the project will commence in August 2009 and will initially last for 5 years.
Garry Millard, Managing Director, DOF Subsea UK said, "We are very pleased to receive this award from BP for DOF Subsea in Angola. The project will be project managed and supported by DOF Subsea UK and will allow the DOF Subsea organization the opportunity to demonstrate our ability to a new client in a region where we have significant focus, investment and growth potential."
DOF Subsea provides subsea construction and engineering, IRM, ROV and survey support services to the world's major subsea markets. The company employs over 1,200 highly qualified staff and owns state of the art equipment including 30 offshore construction, diving and ROV support vessels, 41 ROVs, 1 AUV and 11 diving spreads.
In support of its growing global business, an extensive new build program is currently underway with 11 new vessels and 16 new Triton XLX ROVs scheduled for delivery during 2009 - 2011.
- Ex-Schlumberger Chief to Acquire Biggest Shale Pipe Servicer (Oct 19)
- BP Thunder Horse Expansion in Gulf of Mexico Starts Early (Oct 18)
- Oil Drillers' Rocky Mountain High Threatened by Colorado Vote (Oct 17)
Company: DOF more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- DOF Subsea Bags IRM Contract for Shell Australia's Prelude FLNG Facility (Aug 01)
- DOF Rederi Secures North Sea Services Contracts with Nexen, Maersk (Apr 12)