Transocean Comet Mobilizes to Well Location in Gulf of Suez
Beach Petroleum reported that the Transocean Comet jackup rig has moved onto the NS394-3 (Burtocal North) oil exploration well location (Beach 20%) in the Gulf of Suez.
The well, located 3 km north of the NS394-1, 1A oil discovery in the North Shadwan Concession, will be targeting oil in the Cretaceous Nubia Formation. NS394-3 is to be drilled to a planned depth of 3475 meters and is expected to spud by the end of this week.
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Transocean Acquires Ocean Rig (Dec 05)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
Company: Beach Petroleum more info
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)