Fugro to Support Chevron's Facilities Offshore Indonesia
PT. Fugro Indonesia (PTFI) has been awarded a contract to supply Site Survey and Positioning Services to Chevron Indonesia in support of its oil and gas exploration and production facilities, offshore East Kalimantan.
The contract starts immediately on a call out basis and will cover Chevron's requirement for accurate offshore positioning of their barges, anchor vessels and drilling rigs. In addition to these services, hydrographic and geophysical surveys will be provided as required prior to drilling or pipe lay operations.
In support of this contract and other regional developments, Fugro has set-up an administration office and technical workshop facility in Balikpapan. This contract presents a significant opportunity to showcase to the major oil and gas players the depth of Fugro's resources and commitment to excellence.
As exploration and field development activity in the region is expected to increase over the next few years, Fugro will be well placed to service the needs of clients requiring high end solutions to the unique and challenging environmental conditions that prevail in the Mahakam Delta area and the deep water Makassar Strait.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Big Oil Battles Prolonged Gender Problem (Dec 04)