Woodside Taps Songa Mercur for Drilling Ops Off Australia
Songa Offshore announced that a drilling contract has been concluded and agreed with Woodside Energy for utilization of the semisubmersible Songa Mercur for a drilling campaign of up to 3 wells on North Western Shelf of Australia, total contract duration is estimated at up to 75 days with possible additional extensions thereafter.
The contract includes an initial part that covers standby of the rig at an agreed day rate in Dampier while obtaining necessary approvals for the upcoming program, the operating part of the contract is scheduled to commence immediately after the rig is accepted and all approvals and formalities have been obtained. Potential contract value is estimated at US $25 million for the agreed contract elements and period.
- Offshore Australia Contract Goes to KBR (Oct 11)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
- Chevron Unveils Shared Vision for North West Shelf Infrastructure Stimulus (May 16)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)