Marathon to Take Reins at Alvheim
Once its service agreement with AP Moller-Maersk A/S is terminated, Marathon will assume management of operations and staffing at the Alvheim field, according to a report by Dow Jones Newswires.
Marathon intends to directly staff and operate the floating production storage and offtake vessel at Alvheim from the second half of 2010, the report noted.
Operated by Marathon with a 65% interest, Alvheim commenced production in June 2008. Alvheim's output has stabilized at 140,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day, more than its designed capacity of 120,000 boepd.
Other partners in Alvheim are Lundin Norway (15%) and ConocoPhillips (20%).
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
Company: A.P. Moller more info
- Norway Government to Outline Sverdrup Project Plan in Early 2015 (Sep 22)
- Cosco Wins $470M Contracts to Build 4 Subsea Supply Vessels for Maersk (Aug 13)
- Marathon to Take Reins at Alvheim (Sep 01)