Arabian Gulf Pounces on Oil at B1-NC4 Wildcat in Libya
According to Libya's National Oil Corporation, its wholly owned Arabian Gulf Oil Company has drilled the B1-NC4 New Field Wildcat well to a total depth of 10,500 feet and has announced the discovery of oil.
The B1-NC4 well is located in the Ghadames Basin, onshore Libya, approximately 190 km south of Tripoli.
The initial production testing from Lower Akakus Formation established an oil flow as follows:
|Well Name||Formation||Tested Interval (feet)||Net Pay (feet)||Choke Size (Inch)||Oil Rate (bopd)||Gas Rate (MMcfd)||Oil Gravity (API)|
- Islamic State Claims Tripoli Attack, Says Oil Fields 'Legitimate Target' (Sep 11)
- NOC: Arson At Libyan Pipeline Causes Fire, No Significant Damage (Aug 16)
- Security Issues Continue to Plague Libya's Oil-Supply Growth (Jul 18)
Company: Arabian Gulf Oil more info
- Libya AGOCO: ups Output to 290,000 bpd, Natl. Production Over 450,000 bpd (Sep 29)
- Libya's AGOCO Producing 317,000 Bpd, Brega Oil Port Still Closed (Apr 06)
- Arabian Gulf Pounces on Oil at B1-NC4 Wildcat in Libya (Aug 31)