GATE Chosen for Jubilee Water Injection System Review
GATE (Gibson Applied Technology & Engineering) LLC has been selected by the Jubilee Field Unit Partners to conducted an integrated water injection system review to ensure that the Jubilee topsides, subsea, and downhole water injection system design represents a fit for purpose package that fulfills the reservoir requirements and equipment performance criteria.
The technical objectives of the work are to review the water injection system configuration. Identify any issues and limitations, determine their consequences and recommend mitigation strategies to reduce potential risks. This work will include high-level process and materials selection reviews for both topsides and subsea components, evaluation of risers and flowlines for corrosion management, CAPEX control, review of the chemical injection requirements, high level subsurface review and a system review for water availability, deliverability and uptime.
The Jubilee Field Unit Partners are developing the Jubilee Field situated in the Deepwater Tano and West Cape Three Points blocks, approximately 60 km offshore Ghana, West Africa in depths ranging from 3,000 to to 5,500 feet. Partnership interests are held by Tullow Oil PLC, Kosmos Energy, Anadarko Petroleum Corp., Sabre Oil & Gas, EO Group and Ghana National Petroleum Corp. The first development phase of the giant Jubilee oil field is expected to become operational in the second half of 2010.
- US Energy Operations Begin Recovering After Tropical Storm Gordon (Sep 05)
- Storm Gordon Halts Some Energy Production In US Gulf (Sep 04)
- BLOG: The Good Deeds of Oil, Gas (Aug 09)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Offshore Namibia Dud Dims Outlook for New Play (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Kosmos Energy more info
- Kosmos Energy Expands into Gulf of Mexico with $1.23 bln DGE Buy (Aug 06)
- Forget Tech, Big Oil is Doling Out America's Fattest Paychecks (Jul 05)
- BP's West Africa Partner Kosmos To List In London By End-September (Aug 02)
Company: Ghana National Petroleum more info
- Energy Ministry: Ghana To Award Nine New Oil Blocks Off West Coast (May 17)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- National Petroleum: Ghana Oil Output To Hit Up To 110,000 Bpd In 2014 (Apr 08)
Company: Sabre Oil and Gas Limited more info
- Tweneboa Confirmed as Major Field Offshore Ghana (Jan 21)
- Odum-2 Appraisal Well Confirms '08 Discovery Offshore Ghana (Dec 08)
- Massive Jubilee Field Extended by Successful Appraisal (Oct 15)